vendredi 28 janvier 2011

Pruning Time.



I bet it took a really long time to grow this tree. Even though it's not a giant redwood or an enormous evergreen- even a simple, thin tree like this one probably waited years to stand straight and spread out its branches. I really like trees, but this picture wasn't particularly aimed for the tree - it was for the sun quickly setting in the background. I was chasing daylight, hoping to capture the marvelous rays I saw and felt on my face; but it was too quick for me. Before I could snap a picture or enjoy it for any longer the sun, like sinking sand or water captured in your hands, snooped down low enough to hide its light.
So instead I have this tree, with a glimpse of the sun fading in the background. And Time came to mind. If there is one thing money can't buy, or the best hunters or agents can't keep hostage, it's Time. Sure you can manage it well, and that's what we're called to do with the Time we're given. However, whether we like it or not, it's slipping by before our eyes.
On another note, the tree. Today I was feeling not so joyous, and for some reason I became fond of this [failed] picture I took the day before. Maybe it's the bare branches or the thin structure or the overall randomness of this tree in my picture, but I think I can find some comfort and hope from it. How? Even the strangest of trees take Time and Pruning. I learned about Pruning, where you have to cut off branches while it's growing to make sure it's growing correctly. Of course for the tree, it will be PAINFUL. There will be days, tough days where you don't want to keep trudging along, where you feel like you can't go on, when you feel SAD. But realize, and find reassurance in the fact that this is all part of the process called Pruning. In the moment you suffer yes, but you will see the *GASP* "WOW!" finished product in the end.
So take heart, Sad People. You are being Pruned to become a better tree-person.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire